Taiwan Member Universities
- National Chi Nan University
- National Cheng Kung University
- National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology
- National Sun Yat-sen University
- National Taiwan Ocean University
- Tunghai University
Japanese Member Universities
National Chi Nan University
National Chi Nan University is located in Puli, Nantou County — the geographical heart of Taiwan. Since its establishment in 1995, the university’s mission is “To Promote Our Country’s Higher Education to a Global Audience,” along with the motto, “Rooted in Shui Sha Lian, Blossoming in Southeast Asia.” Based on these principles, National Chi Nan University has integrated well-researched, creative curricula with leading-edge digital technology, earning it a respected voice in some of the world’s top academic social networks. The university currently collaborates with more than 100 international sister universities to develop strategies towards building global dialogues and an ever-expanding international presence.
National Chi Nan University has expanded academic exchange networks throughout American, European and Asian continents, leading to cross-disciplinary sharing and cooperation. With Japan, the university has been collaborating on the green economy and regional revitalization issues with The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies and Niigata University. It has held seminars on digital anime computing with Meiji and Kansai Universities. Furthermore, the school actively works with Shinshu University on organizing the Taiwan-Japan Alliance of Local Revitalization and Social Practice. Within Southeast Asia, faculty members of the College of Technology have travelled to Cambodia, venturing into remote villages to build water purifying systems for the local people. Faculty from the College of Humanities and the College of Education have travelled to Gamela, Indonesia, where they devoted themselves to music education for children in remote areas.
The ratio of international students in National Chi Nan University is the highest among Taiwanese universities of the same size. This gives the campus a blend of local culture with international elements. Dedicated teachers design multiple instruction activities and language curricula; they also hold international education forums and research seminars with the purpose of enlarging the school’s academic research abilities. As a result of these efforts, students are able to broaden their world views and acquire necessary skills by working with overseas enterprises and organizations. This continuing focus on international outreach has created a nurturing environment for global-minded professionals.
As one of the world’s top green universities, National Chi Nan University focuses on integrating The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Increasing teaching excellence, industrial innovation, sustainable infrastructure, reducing inequality and enhancing peace and justice are top priorities across the campus. As a result, the university was listed in 2021 University Impact Rankings regarding issues of Clean Water and Sanitation (SDG 6), as well as Responsible Consumption and Production (SDG 12). These rankings strongly display National Chi Nan University’s ongoing commitment to sustainability.
1. Ph.D. Research Assistant, USR Project, Department of Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management, National Chi Nan University 2. Adjunct Instructor, Ph.D. Program in Strategy and Development of Emerging Industries and Development of Economics, National Chi Nan University 3. Academic Research Fellow and Specialized Research Fellow of the Graduate School of Economics, Kyushu University 4. Adjunct Instructor at: National Chi Nan National University The Division of Continuing Education of National Taichung University The Professional Advancement Center of Hungkuang University Taichung Coastal Community College 5. Project Research Assistant at: SHS Project commissioned by the Ministry of Education and executed by the Center for the Advancement of Science Education, Taiwan University Anthropology Division of the National Museum of Natural Science The Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica The Museum of the Institute of Ethnology, Academia Sinica 6. Foreign correspondent for the Overseas Compatriot News, the Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission in Kyushu, Foreign correspondent for Ryori Taiwan magazine 7. Chief of Administration of Journey of Zen Culture, Buddha’s Light International Association
Civil Engineering Ph.D. candidate, National Chi Nan University Research Assistant of the Regional Promotion Team for Education for Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Education Adaptation, the Ministry of Education, Taiwan Instructor of the Center for General Education, National Chi Nan University